Colorado’s Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) provides affordable health coverage for families who earn too much to qualify for Medicaid but find it difficult to afford private health insurance. CHP+ covers the gap, so uninsured Colorado children get the medical and dental coverage they need.
In December 2015 there were 48,488 Coloradans enrolled in CHP+.
• Children under 18
• Colorado residents, permanent legal residents who have had an Alien Registration number for at least 5 years, a refugee, or asylee
• Must not be eligible for Medicaid
• Must not have other health insurance
Delta Dental of Colorado administers the dental portion of this program.
Dental coverage with CHP+ includes:
• Annual exam and X-rays
• Annual cleaning, fluoride, and sealants
• Fillings and stainless-steel crowns
• Some extractions and root canals
If your child has CHP+ start using your benefits by:
1. Scheduling an appointment for two dental exams and two cleanings each year
2. Talking to you dentist about sealants — a thin plastic coating that helps prevent cavities.
3. Children covered under CHP+ have $1,000 of allowable benefits per calendar year. There are no out-of-pocket costs or copayments for dental exams, cleanings, or sealants, but they do count against the annual benefit maximum.
Delta Dental also offers a special fund for CHP+ members who reach their annual benefit maximum.
If you think your family qualifies for CHP+, you can learn more and/or apply.