We all love our moms, right? Since we adore our life-giver, we want to make sure she is healthy. Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to shower your Mom with gifts and love, but not all gifts may be showering your Mom with the right kind of love.
Do you usually get her a special dessert, some chocolates, or a bottle of wine? These gifts may be tasty, but they’re not healthy for her body or her teeth. Sugar in sweet desserts, candy and alcohol contribute to tooth decay, cavities and weight gain.
Instead of the usual, try one of these 5 tips for a healthy holiday:
• Make mom a light, nutritious meal form a healthy cookbook. And give the book to her as a present.
• Present her with a fruit basket. Fruits are both heart healthy and good for her teeth.
• Buy her some new kitchen gadgets that promote healthy eating – a steamer or grill pan, for example.
• Give her the gift of a good night’s sleep with a new pillow, blanket or mattress. Her dental health is linked to her overall health and sleep restores the body.
• Buy her a pedometer, free weights or a new pair of walking or running shoes. Regular exercise helps keep the body healthy.
And best of all, give her the gift of your time and company. Your mother loves you too!