When taking a picture nothing complements your smile more than a nice set of pearly whites. With vacation time here, there is going to be plenty of opportunity for you to show off your teeth.
While we all wish our teeth could stay naturally sparkling every day, not many people are that lucky. Drinks like coffee, wine and carrot juice can tint your teeth, along with various medications. And we can’t forget the holy grail of teeth staining: smoking!
With all our daily habits, you would think your teeth are doomed. However, keep your chin up; there are some simple things you can do to make sure that your teeth look their best in all your vacation photos.
Here is a list that will you keep you smiling even after your vacation is over:
• At home teeth whiteners – there are toothpastes and mouth washes, to fit every budget, that are all designed to help you keep your teeth white.
• Over the counter whiteners – Strips and gels can be purchased over the counter and are very effective.
• Avoid foods and other products that stain – coffee, tea, tobacco, soy sauce, soft drinks, red and white wine and blueberries are among the top teeth staining culprits.
• Get lots of calcium – Foods that are high in calcium, such as dairy products, help keep teeth white.
• Eat firm fruits and vegetables – Things like apples, carrots and celery will scrub your teeth while you chew, helping to remove and particles that may have been hanging around your teeth.
• Chew sugar-free gum after meals –This will help dislodge any particles stuck in your teeth and also increases your flow of saliva which neutralizes acids and protects teeth.
• Drink plenty of water –Drinking water during and between meals helps wash food particle. Water also contains fluoride which strengthens teeth.
Following these easy tips will keep you proud of your smile all summer long!
Remember to submit your smiling photos to our Sun, Sand and Smiles Facebook Contest! The contest will run until July 27, 2012 so there is plenty of time to get your photos in for a chance to WIN great prizes!Tweet